The following is an archived copy of a message sent to the CASI Analysis List run by Cambridge Solidarity with Iraq.

Views expressed in this archived message are those of the author, not of Cambridge Solidarity with Iraq (CASI).

[Main archive index/search] [List information] [CASI Homepage]

[casi-analysis] How will I know your going to vote, I will look for your name!

[ This message has been sent to you via the CASI-analysis mailing list ]

Dear all,
                                         please find the answer to a question from the Iraq
Out-of-Country Voting organisation, which is based in Amman, Jordan and should be read carefully by
everyone espeacially Iraqi's who are considerring casting a vote on January 30th.

This answer, is in my opinion a contradiction to everything that a democracy stands for and could
also possibly put allot of people in danger.

"4. Why do eligible Iraqis have to go to the same place twice to register and then vote? Why can't
registration and voting take place at the same time?"
"The time period between the end of registration and the beginning of polling is called the Display
Period. During the display period, the lists of registered Iraqis will be available for public
inspection at the voter registration centres. Registered Iraqis will have the opportunity to check
that their details appear correctly on the provisional voter list. Registered voters can also make
a challenge to the inclusion of a voter's name on the grounds of eligibility. The Display period is
in keeping with international standards."

These are their words and not mine and you can view the website on www.iraqocv.org

best,
Hussein
The Iraq Solidarity Campaign (UK)