The following is an archived copy of a message sent to the CASI Analysis List run by Cambridge Solidarity with Iraq.

Views expressed in this archived message are those of the author, not of Cambridge Solidarity with Iraq (CASI).

[Main archive index/search] [List information] [CASI Homepage]

[casi-analysis] supporting truth and the true friends of the Iraqi people,etc.

[ This message has been sent to you via the CASI-analysis mailing list ]

Dear List,

   Please correct me if I'm mistaked, doesn't International Law give all countries illegally
invanded and occuppied, the right of self defense? Although I am a pacifist and hence oppose all
violence, let's at least be consistant . If the US/UK could illegally and savagely  invade Iraq and
impose a puppet governnment, sould we waste much time with appologists for the new horrors visited
upon the people of Iraq?

   Hence I find it difficult to refrain from dismissing the post of Mr. "Ali" (below).

   Once more I ask, when will CASI strongly support the true friends of Iraq like George Galloway,
MP, whose claims have proven true even as history shows the claims of his tormentor, Blair and the
Mad Cowboy  to be craven lies?

   I hope that the moderators will see fit to run my review of Galloway's book (below).
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful:

Passion + Eye-opening integrity + An Action Plan for All, June 15, 2004
        Reviewer: Prof. Thomas Nagy from Washington, DC
Seeking to prevent an illegal, counterproductive war, I spoke at the 2002 Cairo conference which
featured giants such as George Galloway, Hans Von Sponeck and Denis Halliday.

All of us faced resignation or excommunication or internal exile for publicly saying the obvious:
The illegal Bush-Blair war against Iraq would leave everyone, particularly children (theirs, ours,
everyone's) worse off. Every day the news shows we were right, but right too early to please the
plutocrats of the Labor Party and the UN and the academy.

George Galloway's "I'm not the only one" provides an exciting and necessary analysis of the
Bushists' ripping open the gates of hell in the Middle East.

Critically, Galloway also furnishes an action plan for peace through justice for the victims of the
racist war as well as the unwilling accomplices in the UK and US.

Buy this book and support the troops -- BRING THEM HOME!

Thomas J. Nagy, Ph.D.
George Washington University School of Business
Washington, D.C.

best from the belly of the beast where I've just been treated to the wonders of academic freedom"
in wartime,
Tom Nagy, Ph.D.
George Washington University
Washington D.C.

Unlike some of the appologists for the continuing war against the people of Iraq I don't claim or
imply infalibility. If I am wrong I seek correction.

On the other hand the statement of the annonomous  "senior AF official" put on this list by one of
the list's prominent members is  contadicted even by the official AF doctrine document: "Strategic
Attack" 2-1.2. Dr. Hering promised a reply several years ago. I believe Dr. Hering owes us an
apology or explanation.

Passion + Eye-opening integrity + An Action Plan for All, June 15, 2004
[...]

p.s. Mr "Ali" your address has the interesting extent ".gov" -- wonder if you would care to
elaborate? I'm sure it's all perfectly innocent but it would be interesting to know "where you are
comming from" as we say on this side of the Pond.

(Original message snipped for brevity).