The following is an archived copy of a message sent to the CASI Analysis List run by Cambridge Solidarity with Iraq.

Views expressed in this archived message are those of the author, not of Cambridge Solidarity with Iraq (CASI).

[Main archive index/search] [List information] [CASI Homepage]

[casi-analysis] INC/INA militias

[ This message has been sent to you via the CASI-analysis mailing list ]

Dear list,

An article by Jonathan Steele in today´s Guardian[1] ends:

´Mr Allawi and his rival, the one-time US favourite Ahmad Chalabi, say
they disbanded their own small militias some time ago.´

How true is this? My vague impression was that the INC and INA still had
some form of armed forces, as well as having them partially incorporated
into the various military-cum-police forces that had been set up over the
past year. But I may well be out-of-date or simply wrong. Can anyone
clarify?

1.´US bans cleric from Iraq elections´
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/iraq/story/0,12956,1233652,00.html

Best,