The following is an archived copy of a message sent to the CASI Analysis List run by Cambridge Solidarity with Iraq.

Views expressed in this archived message are those of the author, not of Cambridge Solidarity with Iraq (CASI).

[Main archive index/search] [List information] [CASI Homepage]

[casi-analysis] RE: Sama Hadad

[ This message has been sent to you via the CASI-analysis mailing list ]

Dear List,

Sama Hadad's posting below reflects her sectarian sentiments, and she has no
right invoking the name of Ayatollah Ali Al-Sistani in this manner.
Sectarianism is as disagreeable in Iraq as it is in Ireland and elsewhere, and
it is being promoted by the US through the occupation and through the
imposition of formal ethnic claims to political legitimacy. People should be
aware that there is widespread rejection of sectarianism across Iraq's
society.

Kamil Mahdi

Dr Kamil Mahdi
University of Exeter