The following is an archived copy of a message sent to the CASI Analysis List run by Cambridge Solidarity with Iraq.

Views expressed in this archived message are those of the author, not of Cambridge Solidarity with Iraq (CASI).

[Main archive index/search] [List information] [CASI Homepage]

[casi-analysis] Questions re Draft Resolution etc.

[ This message has been sent to you via the CASI-analysis mailing list ]

1) I understand that the new interim government will have no legislative
powers and will primarily administer existing laws passed during the
occupation. Where does the draft resolution address these matters? Or is it
just "understood".
2) I understand that the US wants to make the final report on WMD rather
than a UN body. Where is this matter addressed?
3) I understand at present that both the multinational force and civilian
contractors are not subject to Iraqi law. Will this continue under the
interim govt? The draft doesnt seem to address this issue.
4) Will any resistance to the new regime be considered terrorism? THe draft
seems to imply this as I read it.
This would make US operations in Iraq part of the war against terrorism by
definition.

Cheers, Ken Hanly