[Main archive index/search] [List information] [CASI Homepage]

[casi-analysis] Will US control oil revenues after power transfer?

[ This message has been sent to you via the CASI-analysis mailing list ]

The following occurs in an article by Thalif Deen at antiwar.com

What is known is that both UN mandates are to be executed under two
conditions: Washington will not only keep its 130,000 troops in Iraq; it
will also control the country's oil revenues.

http://www.antiwar.com/ips/deen.php?articleid=2441

I am aware that the US will certainly keep its troops in Iraq and also even
have control over Iraqi forces as I understand it but I was not aware that
the US would continue to control oil revenues. Does anyone know of any
source that would confirm this?

Cheers, Ken Hanly