The following is an archived copy of a message sent to the CASI Analysis List run by Cambridge Solidarity with Iraq.

Views expressed in this archived message are those of the author, not of Cambridge Solidarity with Iraq (CASI).

[Main archive index/search] [List information] [CASI Homepage]

Re: [casi-analysis] The New Flag of Iraq

[ This message has been sent to you via the CASI-analysis mailing list ]

Yesterday was the first I had heard of the new flag.  NPR.  They interviewed
several Iraqi citizens and they reflected a number of issues.  This new flag
did not seem well received.  They did not appreciate the similarity to the
Israel flag, they did not appreciate the yellow which seemed to single out or
privilege the minority Kurds, and they did not appreciate the IGC changing the
symbol of their sovereignty with "NO public discussion."
For all of the rhetoric of the IGC and the Occupational "authority" relating
to democracy, I don't see much of it.

Roger Stroope
Flagstaff  USA
Northern Arizona University
Graduate Student- Anthropology

But make no mistake - as I said earlier - we have high confidence that they
have weapons of mass destruction. That is what this war was about and it is
about. And we have high confidence it will be found.
- White House spokesman Ari Fleischer, press briefing, April 10, 2003