The following is an archived copy of a message sent to the CASI Analysis List run by Cambridge Solidarity with Iraq.

Views expressed in this archived message are those of the author, not of Cambridge Solidarity with Iraq (CASI).

[Main archive index/search] [List information] [CASI Homepage]

Re: [casi-analysis] The UN Trojan Horse

[ This message has been sent to you via the CASI-analysis mailing list ]

In a message dated 4/22/04 3:42:07 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
yasser@iprospect.org.uk writes:

> Ambassador Bremer decreed last year to disband the Iraqi
> army and ban high ranking members of the Ba'ath Party from public office, he
> put an end to the legacy of minority rule in Iraq. This historic event was
> only matched by the formation of the Governing Council which, for the first
> time in Iraq's history, was a body that fairly represented Iraq's ethnic
> makeup. Ever since, these decisions have been the scourge of proponents of
> minority rule who have sought to undo them at every opportunity.
>
> The latest assault came from the United Nation's Special Envoy, Lakhdar
> Brahimi, former undersecretary of the Arab League. His proposal for a new
> transitional Iraqi government, cloaked in the legitimacy of the UN, is in an
> attempt to undo the historic achievements of the past year.

Through the rabbit hole.
Orwell would be proud of this piece.
"cloaked in legitimacy" and "proponents of minority rule" etc.

The US set up the IGC.  THE US SET UP THE IGC!  This is not a democratic
body, it was set up, PUPPETS, by an occupying force which hand picked the
individuals (at least one a convicted felon) and gave them virtually no power to make
decisions, rather a rubber stamp.  Whats more some of these individuals have
not been in the country for decades and likely have little or no backing within
Iraq, except of course by the foreign occupiers.  The US will certainly
prevent the formation of a government that would represent any interests counter to
the occupation "authority's" wishes.  The US is busy building military bases
around Iraq.  Iraq is a country which will be occupied by a foreign hostile
force for decades to come.

Roger Stroope
Flagstaff  USA
Northern Arizona University
Graduate Student- Anthropology

But make no mistake - as I said earlier - we have high confidence that they
have weapons of mass destruction. That is what this war was about and it is
about. And we have high confidence it will be found.
- White House spokesman Ari Fleischer, press briefing, April 10, 2003